Applicants should submit: Agency Application, cover letter, resume and list of 3 professional references. AA/EOE.
We will begin reviewing applications March 1st and continue until the positions are filled. For questions, to request a position description or to apply contact:
Northwestern Mental Health Center (www.nwmhc.org) is hiring for an Intake Coordinator.
Due to expansion of services NWMHC is looking to add a highly self-motivated individual to our team. The Intake Specialist serves as support to the Adult (including NWA) and Children’s Programs by handling incoming referrals in a timely and effective manner. The Intake Specialist uses excellent people skills and task management skills to work with program staff to ensure all necessary information is in place to allow clinicians to begin seeing clients and for billing to occur and to ensure that caseloads are appropriate. This position requires the ability to communicate clearly and constantly with a wide-variety of both internal and external customers as well as strong attention to detail. This is a full-time, benefited position.
• High School Diploma or G.E.D.
• Excellent verbal communication skills
• Ability to ensure confidentiality
• Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, etc. and general office equipment.
• Well organized, enthusiastic, energetic and highly motivated.
• Experience with client scheduling in a health care setting
MENTAL HEALTH REHAB WORKER OR PRACTITIONER
Due to expansion of services, Northwestern Mental Health Center (NWMHC) is hiring for
TWO part-time Mental Health Specialists’ for its Northwestern Apartments in Crookston, MN.
The position would have the primary function of implementation of direct services to individuals experiencing mental health issues. The candidate will provide resident education on mental health issues, providing coping skill education and modeling (deep breathing, muscle relaxation, distraction, visualization, etc.) prompting and observing residents to meet their activities of daily living, complete professional documentation of client interaction and coordinate and communicate with relevant professionals related to the care and well-being of the resident. The NWMHC is looking for individuals willing to work a part-time flexible schedule, including evenings and weekends, as needed to meet the needs of the programs.
• Applicant must be 21 years of age with a high school diploma or equivalent
• Preference given to individuals with an Associate of Arts or bachelor’s degree in behavioral sciences or human services,
• OR 3 years personal life experience with serious and persistent mental illness or as the primary caregiver to an adult with a serious mental illness or traumatic brain injury
• OR 4000 hours supervised work experience in the delivery of mental health services to adults.
PSYCHIATRIC ADVANCED PRACTICE REGISTERED NURSE
Come join our growing community mental health team. The Northwestern Mental Health Center is looking for a Full Time Psychiatric Advanced Practice Registered Nurse in Crookston MN.
The position will emphasize the integration of both the primary and behavioral healthcare needs of patients through addressing issues that arise through screenings and assessments and working with team members to coordinate care with other clinics, providers and disciplines. Services will include: 1) psychiatric evaluations 2) medication management 3) consultation in an outpatient clinic setting either face to face or through tele-health modalities. Services will be delivered out of the Crookston office with tele-health options across the entire six county catchment areas M-F 8am-5pm. Competitive salary and benefits.
• Current APRN/PMHNP/FNP Licensure and liability/malpractice insurance in the state of MN with proof of education.
• Valid DEA license
• Successfully pass a background study.
• Preference will be given to candidates with experience working with people with serious mental illness.
MENTAL HEALTH PRACTITIONER-FOSTER CARE
Northwestern Mental Health Center (www.nwmhc.org) is hiring for a Mental Health Specialist position for its Northwestern Apartments in Crookston, MN.
The position would have the primary function of implementation of direct services to individuals experiencing mental health issues. The candidate will provide resident education on mental health issues, providing coping skill education and modeling (deep breathing, muscle relaxation, distraction, visualization, etc.) prompting and observing residents to meet their activities of daily living, complete professional documentation of client interaction and coordinate and communicate with relevant professionals related to the care and well-being of the resident. This is a full-time, fully benefited position.
- - Applicant must be 21 years of age with a high school diploma or equivalent
- - Preference given to individuals with an Associate of Arts or bachelor’s degree in behavioral sciences or human services,
- - OR 3 years personal life experience with serious and persistent mental illness or as the primary caregiver to an adult with a serious mental illness or traumatic brain injury
- - OR 4000 hours supervised work experience in the delivery of mental health services to adults.
Are you interested in an exciting, rewarding job providing Mental Health Services to children and families as part of a cohesive team and looking for Supervised Clinical Work Experience?!
Northwestern Mental Health Center (www.nwmhc.org) in Crookston, MN is hiring Mental Health Practitioners and Professionals to provide Mental Health Services in NW Minnesota.
Full-Time, Half-Time, and temporary summer positions available!
Services include providing group skills building services to elementary aged children as part of our North Star Summer Program as part of a team of providers, under the clinical supervision of a mental health professional and/or services include providing in-home family therapy to families with children ages 6-18.
- - Applicants must qualify as a mental health practitioner or professional in the state of MN
- - Preference will be given to candidates with a bachelor’s degree with 2,000 hours supervised experience with children with mental health issues
- - or a masters in human services degree
- -Experience preferred in serving children with social/emotional/behavioral challenges and their families need to have training/education in child development, as well as experience with 6-18 year olds with mental health issues.
COMMUNITY HOUSING SPECIALIST
The Northwestern Mental Health Center is seeking a Community Housing Specialist
The Community Housing Specialist is a direct service position. The individual in this full time position is responsible for assisting homeless clients with a mental illness and/or chemical dependency to develop the skills and supports necessary to acquire and maintain, suitable, safe and affordable housing. These services will be provided in the client's home and community of choice primarily on a 1:1 basis but may also be provided in group settings. Services will be delivered primarily within Polk, Mahnomen, Norman and Red Lake Counties but may include work in the two other counties served by the agency. This position is supervised by the Adult Services Director.
- - Related education including a B.A., or B.S.W. Significant proven experience with this client population related to the job described above may be considered in the absence of formal related education.
- - Prior human service related experience, preferably with clients who have a history of severe and persistent mental illness and/or chemical dependency.
- - Demonstrated ability to organize personal time and activities in response to presenting client needs.
- - Initiate and carry out a range of program activities independently, without the availability of immediate supervision.
- - Demonstrated ability to organize personal time and activities in response to presenting client needs.
FACILITIES & TRANSPORTATION MANAGER
The Northwestern Mental Health Center is seeking a Facilities and Transportation Manager
Under the supervision of the Finance Director, the Facilities & Transportation Manager ensures that all NWMHC facilities are well maintained such that they are safe environments for clients, staff and the visiting public. The Manager ensures that the agency’s approach to fleet management meets the agency’s mission in terms of providing safe, appropriate and cost-effective tools for staff to perform their duties.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in a relevant field.
- Experience with project or quality improvement management: identifying needs; identifying partners and resources; working collaboratively to achieve outcomes.
- Ability to work with a diverse group of internal and external customers.
- Well organized, detail oriented with an equivalent maturity with respect to duties.
- Access to personal vehicle, and the ability and willingness to use the vehicle in carrying out position responsibilities including travel. Proof of valid driver’s license and current/adequate vehicle insurance coverage.
MEDICAL RECORDS TECHNICIAN
The Northwestern Mental Health Center is seeking a Medical Records Technician.
The Medical Records Technician has a critical role supporting client care through the timely management of in-coming and out-going medical records. This position ensures that clinicians have the information needed to make informed decisions regarding client care and that this is done in a manner compliant with data privacy regulations. The Medical Records Technician takes a proactive role in medical records process monitoring and works with the Health Informatics Manager to implement any improvements.
- Two-year degree or Certification and experience in Medical Records Technology or related; or equivalent experience working with medical records, educational records or similar client/customer information.
- Technological proficiency needed to for daily use of an electronic health record.
- Ability to relate professionally to supervisors, staff, clients, and the public and work calmly under pressure.
- Ability to ensure confidentiality.
- Ability to operate office equipment, including, but not limited to, a personal computer, typewriter, calculator.
- Ability to handle a multi-line telephone system and effectively screen and direct incoming calls.
- ADULT COMMUNITY MENTAL HEALTH PRACTITIONER
Northwestern Mental Health Center (www.nwmhc.org) is looking to hire a Community Mental Health Specialists who will serve adults with serious and persistent mental illnesses
Candidate will serve adults with serious and persistent mental illnesses in Red Lake County. Duties include: treatment planning, case management, skills training, assistance with daily living skills, benefits assistance, and a variety of other individual and group mental health services. Looking for individuals willing to work a flexible schedule and live in or near assigned area. Position is salaried with full benefits. Supervision provided by a mental health professional.
- - Preference will be given to candidates with a Bachelor’s degree in a human service field
- - Consideration will be given to candidates with leadership skills and with significant experience working with people with serious mental illness or homeless individuals
CHILDREN & FAMILY SERVICES MENTAL HEALTH PRACTITIONER
Northwestern Mental Health Center’s (www.nwmhc.org) Children and Family Services Team is hiring for a Mental Health Practitioner
Mental health practitioner/professional serving children 6-18 with behavioral health issues and their families in the home settings in Polk and Marshall Counties.
The applicant must be willing to work traditional and non-traditional hours, including evenings with the advantage of establishing a flexible schedule. Competitive salary and benefits. Clinical supervision provided by a mental health professional. Great working environment as part of the Children and Family Services Team and Early Childhood cohort. Applicants of diverse cultural backgrounds or experience in serving diverse populations are encouraged to apply.
- Applicants must qualify as a mental health practitioner or professional in the state of MN
- Preference will be given to candidates with a bachelors degree with 2,000 hours supervised
- experience with children with mental health issues
- Or a masters in human services degree for a full-time skills building services provider
- experience preferred in serving children with social/emotional/behavioral challenges and their families need to have training/education in child development, as well as experience with 6-18 year olds with mental health issues.
The Northwestern Mental Health Center in Crookston, MN is seeking a full-time and/or part-time Psychologist, Clinical Psychologist or Neuropsychologist. NWMHC is a Community Mental Health Center serving a six-county region in NW MN. We are looking for the right community-focused candidate to join our team. Successful candidate will become part of an agency culture that is known for its community collaborations and work with cross functional teams to help promote the recovery and resiliency of individuals across the age continuum. This culture is rooted in a history of support while striving towards Clinical, Professional, Organizational and Relationship Excellence. Candidate will be on a collaborative team that seeks to support both the practitioners on the team and clients they serve with a positive, recovery-orientated environment. The culture of the team seeks to provide the optimal place in which each team member can grow and operate at the highest level of each individual’s abilities
- Diagnostic testing/interpretation and neurobehavioral status examinations in an outpatient clinic setting
- Assist in providing inpatient diagnostic evaluation, assessment and mental health status evaluations as needed in local long-term care facilities
- Work closely with a team of Licensed Psychologists, Licensed Independent Clinical Social Workers, LPCC’s, LMFT’s and APRN and contracted Psychiatrists
- NWMHC offers regionally competitive compensation, malpractice insurance, and comprehensive benefits with funds set aside for professional development
- Typical schedule is Monday-Friday, 8a to 5p
- Agency is a National Health Service Corps site and would be willing to discuss allowing dedicated time to prepare for Board Certification with the right candidate
- Doctorate in Psychology from and APA accredited program (PhD or PsyD) required
- 2 years post-doctoral training in clinical neuropsychology preferred
Plusses to working with a smaller, dynamic organization include:
- Opportunity to develop the practice
- Opportunity to collaborate with a local University in educating the next generation of professionals
- Opportunity to respond to local training needs, developing the skills of partner agency staff
- Opportunity to serve a full spectrum of clients
- Opportunity to design the position to best meet the community needs