Applicants should submit: Agency Application, cover letter, resume and list of 3 professional references. AA/EOE.
We will begin reviewing applications March 1st and continue until the positions are filled. For questions, to request a position description or to apply contact:
PEER RECOVERY SPECIALIST
Due to service expansion, Northwestern Mental Health Center is looking to hire TWO Full or Part-Time Peer Recovery Specialists who will serve adults with mental illness or co-occurring mental health and substance use in Kittson, Marshall, Mahnomen, Norman, Polk and Red Lake Counties.
Peer Recovery Specialists use lived experiences in a trained non-clinical approach to assists individuals discover their strengths and develop their own unique recovery goals by incorporating models of wellness, personal responsibility, self-advocacy and hopefulness. Preference will be given to candidates with a lived mental illness, trauma, or substance use experience and be in long term recovery. Candidates who also have experience working with individuals that have a mental illness, chemical health issue and/or homelessness are desired. Candidates may be required to live in counties served. Candidates should have good oral and written communication skills, be able to work in a team and have good organizational skills. Supervision provided by a mental health professional.
• Minimum Qualifications include: high school diploma or GED.
• Must possess a valid driver’s license.
• Demonstrated knowledge of Mental Health services and supports or community resources.
• Must possess basic computer skills to perform job duties including email, time sheet management, and ability to learn the electronic health record program.
• Ability to attend intensive training provided by the NWMHC to become credentialed as a Certified Peer Specialist or already maintain certification.
PSYCHIATRIC ADVANCED PRACTICE REGISTERED NURSE
Come join our growing community mental health team. The Northwestern Mental Health Center is looking for a Full Time Psychiatric Advanced Practice Registered Nurse in Crookston MN.
The position will emphasize the integration of both the primary and behavioral healthcare needs of patients through addressing issues that arise through screenings and assessments and working with team members to coordinate care with other clinics, providers and disciplines. Services will include: 1) psychiatric evaluations 2) medication management 3) consultation in an outpatient clinic setting either face to face or through tele-health modalities. Services will be delivered out of the Crookston office with tele-health options across the entire six county catchment areas M-F 8am-5pm. Competitive salary and benefits.
• Current APRN/PMHNP/FNP Licensure and liability/malpractice insurance in the state of MN with proof of education.
• Valid DEA license
• Successfully pass a background study.
• Preference will be given to candidates with experience working with people with serious mental illness.
Are you interested in an exciting, rewarding job providing Mental Health Services to children and families as part of a cohesive team and looking for Supervised Clinical Work Experience?!
Northwestern Mental Health Center (www.nwmhc.org) in Crookston, MN is hiring Mental Health Practitioners and Professionals to provide Mental Health Services in NW Minnesota.
Full-Time, Half-Time, and temporary summer positions available!
Services include providing group skills building services to elementary aged children as part of our North Star Summer Program as part of a team of providers, under the clinical supervision of a mental health professional and/or services include providing in-home family therapy to families with children ages 6-18.
- - Applicants must qualify as a mental health practitioner or professional in the state of MN
- - Preference will be given to candidates with a bachelor’s degree with 2,000 hours supervised experience with children with mental health issues
- - or a masters in human services degree
- -Experience preferred in serving children with social/emotional/behavioral challenges and their families need to have training/education in child development, as well as experience with 6-18 year olds with mental health issues.